Current Worship Safety Protocols
St. John the Apostle Anglican Church, Port Moody
COVID SAFETY PROTOCOLS FOR WORSHIP SERVICES
- Please monitor yourself on the day of worship, and stay home if:
- You feel sick, for example you have a fever, cough or other unexplained flu- or cold-like symptoms, etc.
- You or anyone in your household have had any recent potential or actual exposure to COVID-19.
- You are otherwise required to self-isolate because of recent travel or any other reason.
- Masks are optional at worship (disposable masks will be available at the door).
- We will not have capacity restrictions or required social-distancing, but you are free to choose a seat that reflects your comfort level with distance from others, as room allows.
- Please be sensitive to others’ comfort level with masking, touch, and distancing when interacting before/during/after the service.
- You are encouraged to sanitize hands upon entry and exit of the building, and before taking communion. Officiant, Deacon, and Lay Eucharistic Ministers will sanitize hands before distributing communion.
- We offer Communion in both forms – bread and wine – but you are welcome to receive only the bread if you wish, and to bring the bread back to your seat before consuming (if masked, feel free to stay masked). For those receiving wine, you will do so in a socially-distanced area; the chalice will be carefully wiped and turned after each use. Note: intinction (dipping the bread in the wine) is no longer permitted in our diocese.
- We will be passing the offertory plate. We encourage you to give online as possible at https://www.stja.ca/supporting-st-johns/.
- We will have a no-touch passing of the peace, other than within your household/bubble.
- Weather and temperature permitting, we will have fans on and some windows open to increase circulation, so please dress accordingly.
- We will have coffee hour in the hall downstairs after worship on many Sundays. Masks are optional at coffee hour, and you are encouraged to be sensitive to those who may have different comfort levels from you.
August 11, 2023
April 05, 2023
%d bloggers like this: