Lent Program – “Dive Deeper: Loving God & Loving Neighbour”
Come join us for “Dive Deeper: Loving God & Loving Neighbour”, a 2-part journey of learning this Lent at St. John’s Port Moody…
PART 1 – Dive Deeper: Loving God – Deepen your prayer life on the 5 Tuesdays in Lent (March 3, 10, 17, 24, & 31).
We will be exploring different prayer practices that will help deepen the ways we connect with God through readings, discussion, and practicing prayer techniques together.
2 ways to take part:
- In-person on Tuesday mornings (10:15am-12noon) in the Parish Hall.
- Online on Tuesday evenings (7:00-8:30pm) via the Zoom app.
PART 2 – Dive Deeper: Loving Neighbour – Explore how God calls us to faithful courage in our interactions with self and others, in all areas of our lives.
We invite you to participate in any or all of these 3 ways:
- Devotional booklet with daily meditations (available in electronic or printed format). Take a few minutes each day to read these and ponder what God might be saying to you about growing in courage.
- Coffee Hour Gatherings – Join us on 5 Sundays (March 1, 8, 15, 22, & 29) – we will gather after each worship service to share our insights and learn together. Sermons each Sunday will also connect to the week’s theme.
- Lenten Calendar – Visit our Facebook page (facebook.com/StJohnAnglican) where a new reflection by a member of our St. John’s community will be featured each day. Also see the paper version of the calendar that will be displayed in our parish hall throughout Lent.
May 06, 2022
April 01, 2022
March 16, 2022