Parish Forum Worksheet – May 2017
Below you will find the Parish Forum Worksheet .
Your comments and opinions are important to St. John’s.
A printable version is available by clicking on the link at the bottom of the page. Please feel free to scan and email the form to the office at stja.ca or send it by mail to the parish office.
Draft Mission Statement:
The Parish of St. John the Apostle is called to be
+ A Spirited community at the heart of Port Moody
+ transformed through the experience of the presence of Christ
+ and sent out to share God’s Love
The Five Marks of Mission:
1. proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom
2. teach, baptize, and nurture new believers
3. respond to human need by loving service
4. seek to transform unjust structures of society, challenge violence of every kind and pursue peace and reconciliation
5. strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth
Sources of Transformation (from the Gather-Transform-Send Model)
DIDISCALIA-STUDY & LEARNING
Mind, Heart, Practice
Holy Eucharist, Daily Office, Personal Prayer
KOINONIA- LIFE IN COMMUNITY DIAKONIA- ACTION
Food, Conversation, Silence Stewardship, Service, Evangelism
St. John Parish Forum Worksheet May 7, 2017
1. Which of the 5 Marks of Mission is the priority for St. John the Apostle Anglican Church? Why?
2. What sources of transformation here already support this Mark of Mission?
3. What ministries can make this Mark more visible to the world?
4. What changes to the building structures will make this possible?
March 25, 2021